When one decides to begin a workout program, the first word you will hear is cardio. Cardio is one of the essential parts of a workout regime if you wish to lose weight and stay fit. Cardio exercise is all about performing a rhythmic activity which raises the heart rate into a targeted rate zone wherein you will burn most calories and fat.
Advantages of performing cardio exercise
Cardio exercise offers many benefits and listed below are few of them:
- It helps in burning calories and fat for weight loss.
- It helps in keeping your heart healthy.
- It helps in lifting one’s mood and offers temporary relief from anxiety and depression.
- It increases the capacity of the lung.
- It helps in lowering the risk of high cholesterol, heart attack, diabetes and high blood pressure.
- It helps you to sleep better.
- It improves one’s sex life.
- It helps in reducing stress.
- It gives more confidence in the way you feel and look.
- Few forms of cardio exercise help in increasing the density of bone.
The best thing about this exercise is that only a few minutes of cardio exercise each day is enough to gain health benefits. Doinga little bit each day is better than not doing anything at all. Still if you are pressed for time, you can check this site out to get information about slimming option.
Choosing the cardio exercise for you
The first thing you need to do while charting an exercise program is to find out what type of exercise you wish to do. You should analyze various options available to you that are easily accessible, fits your personality and the activity you are comfortable in. If you are a person who loves outdoors; cycling, walking and running are great options. Most of the people could go walking regularly and does not need any type of fancy equipment.
If you like to hit the gym, you got more access to different exercise options like elliptical trainers, stationary bikes, rowing machine, stair climbers, pool, treadmills and much more. If you prefer to exercise at home, you could buy an elliptical trainer or treadmill on your own. However, there are other options too such as:
- Fitness apps
- Online workouts and exercises
- Exercise videos
- Different kinds of cardio exercise that could be done at home like jogging in one place, jumping jacks, jumping ropes, burpees, etc